Thursday, January 17, 2013

Valentines Day Shellac Nails

Valentines Day Shellac Nails


Matte & Glitter Shellac Nails By Jaclynn Kate


Shellac nails have been becoming crazy popular in my salon. Basically you have a gel polish that is applied to your nail and it will not crack, peel, or chip for up to 14 day! Sounds great right? Well it is! I am mildly obsessed with Shellac, since working in a salon I Shellac my nails every other week! 

The basic process of a Shellac takes about 60 minutes. You receive a full manicure, the nail tech applied the base coat and then you place your hand under a UV light, then you apply a color coat place your hand under the UV light X2, and then a top coat. After your hand comes out of the UV light after the top coat has been applied, your nail tech will then remove a 'sticky' film the Shellac polish has left on your nail and you are DONE! Nails are dry! YES DRY! You do not need to worry about scuffing your nail on the way to get your money out to pay, or your car keys! Now this to me is AWESOME!

After 14 days or so, you simply return to the salon, soak the polish off & repeat the process. 

Some questions I have received are:

Q: Is Shellac bad for your nails?
Jaclynn Kate: In my opinion no, It will strengthen your nail & help them grow.

Q: Will Shellac leave a 'indent' on my nail, like fake nails do?
Jaclynn Kate: No, however if you peel the shellac off your nail, you WILL peel a layer of nail off of your nail bed!

Q: Are there limited colors in Shellac?
Jaclynn Kate: Yes. Unfortunately their are only a handful of colors. However if you find the right nail tech, we can mix them together and we know secret formulations to acquire different tastes.

Below are some of the pretty nails I have done in my salon in RI. Feel free to ask me any further questions! Id be happy to help.

These pink ones were on one of my girlfriends nails. She likes a little shimmer so I took a gold and silver glitter mixed them together with a paint brush and kind of french manicured the tops! Super cute!

Yes, these are Shellac Nails. I received an inquiry online asking if anyone knew how to do this in a full Shellac! Well lucky for her I figured it out! Simply buff off the shine & then just apply the top coat polish to the tips cure it in the UV light and boom! You have a full matte Shellac look! I did this in a pretty purple too! Loved it!

@JaclynnKate
#DollTime

No comments:

Post a Comment